An old stone-built farm house, a tranquil setting, surrounded by beautiful countryside and mountain views, yet only 4 kms from the listed, historic Roman village of Pont de Barret, where the river Roubion runs through.One of the best kept secrets in Southern France, La Drome-Provencale is less well known than neighbouring Provence. It shares a similar climate and landscape, with sunflowers and lavender fields, olive groves, cypress trees, truffle oaks (from where Les Beaux Chenes takes it’s name), starry nights but without the crowds.
The climate and quiet roads mean that, almost whatever the season, you can walk or cycle many kilometres, with routes recommended by the owners or simply exploring on your own.
As enthusiastic motorcyclists and classic car owners, we can recommend off the beaten track road experiences, with stunning scenery and hidden wayside restaurants for leisurely lunch or dinner.
A wonderful, inspiring location for naturelovers, Artists and birdwatchers, with fields and woodland full of sunflowers, lavender, wheat, barley and wild flowers. Truffle oaks and pine woodland, ideal for picking wild mushrooms, in season. With eagles and owls overhead and vultures over the nearby mountains, wild boar, deer and hare to be spotted in the neighbouring countryside. You can almost watch the seasons change before your eyes.
The Drome is the largest organic producer in France and this is a great place for those who love good food and wine. Excellent, locally sourced produce makes this an ideal place for vegetarians, as well as meat eaters. Ideally placed for sampling a wide range of wines from across the Cote Du Rhone, we can arrange wine tasting at our local cave and give advice on wine tours.
Les Beaux Chenes offers:
– Tranquility, a beautiful environment in the glorious unspoilt Drome-Provencale countryside, only 4 kms from the historic Roman village of Pont de Barret and close to amenities.
– A large outdoor swimming pool, 12m by 6m, with lovely countryside views.
– Surrounded by wonderful countryside and lanes for walking, cycling, running, motorcycling, driving. Or just for relaxing and enjoying the peace and excellent food and wine.
– A wood burning pizza oven and barbecue.
– An ancient farmhouse, set in 4 hectares of private oak and pine woodland. Recently restored to offer 4 self contained one bedroom gites.
– Larger groups can be accommodated by renting all of the gites.
– Pets may be permitted, at an additional fee, with the express prior permission of the owners. We already provide a safe sanctuary for our own rescued Spanish dog, 12 chickens, 7 donkeys and 3 cats. We love animals and would love to try to accommodate your pet but also wish to be considerate to all of our guests.